MRDe's Amazing Categorization of Composers into 9 Types
I've had different "relationships" with different composers over time, which include but may not be restricted to the following ...
1) composers I've heard once and never bothered with again
2) composers who I keep rehearing and wondering why
3) composers whose music I enjoy listening to, but who I don't desire to 'learn' from
4) composers whose music I'm not sure I enjoy listening to, but who I desire to 'learn' from
5) composers who I try not to think about at all in any way
6) composers I unreservedly enjoy and learn from
7) composers who are better than they sound
8) composers who are worse than they sound
9) composers who give you a good experience
It's an amazingly detailed and totally objective list, n'est pas?